Br. Kalvin Nankivell, Prov. President, 2017-18
I would like to thank all the Elks of the province for giving me the opportunity to be president for the ensuing year. I look forward to travelling to all corners of this great province and meeting new and old friends. Sister June has set the bar very high for the expectations of President.
My theme for this year is "Making a Positive Difference". There are all types of differences in the world, but the positive ones are the ones we strive for in Elkdom. Anything at all that helps children or our fellow man is a positive difference.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Estevan Lodge #113 for hosting a very successful conference. They said they do things cowboy style and evidently it works very well for them. I feel everybody was well looked after and had a great time.
I feel we have an excellent Executive, one of the biggest challenges this year, is to raise more funds for SPARC and at the same time not forget or cutback on our pledge for the Fund for Children. We need everyone to look for new and innovative ways to raise these funds, and I feel with the co-operation between the Elks and Royal Purple Elks this will be a very successful year.
The Executive are always open to suggestions so if The Membership has anything at all please let one of us know.
Saskatchewan Elks Provincial President
POSTER for bulletin boards etc. The Elks: Community People Helping Community People
HOT LINKS HOT NEWS
Bowling in Esterhazy Nov. 3-5
Walkathon was in Melfort October 14-15
Who We Are
The Saskatchewan Elks Association was granted a Charter in 1929 by our Grand Lodge, the Elks of Canada. Dedicated members kept the Association going through the Great Depression, a difficult task. In 1929 there were 32 Lodges in the province; now there are 57. The Association supports and guides individual Lodges through our Provincial Office in Saskatoon, District Representative visits, and Official Visits of the Provincial President. The Annual Conference, Sports Tournaments and the Walkathon are held in various locations around the province; all Lodges can bid to host these events.
The Saskatchewan Elks Foundation Corporation is a registered charity established in 1991. Linking Saskatchewan Elks and Royal Purple Elks Lodges across the province, the Foundation promotes and supports the needs of the individual and the community at large through a variety of programs and services. For further information phone 306-665-1333.
- Charity Appeal - The Saskatchewan Charity Appeal Raffle is one of the many fundraisers that the Saskatchewan Elks Foundation holds each year by selling raffle tickets.
- Sask Pediatric Auditory Rehab Center - SPARC is an early detection, assessment, and (re)habilitation program for hearing impaired children in the Province. SPARC, the Childrens Hearing Centre, is located at the Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon.
- Senior Citizens Homes - The Provincial Elks Association of Saskatchewan has long been associated with a project called "Saskatchewan Elks Seniors Homes". The goal is to provide appropriate living quarters and accomodations for Saskatchewan Seniors. We currently have 135 Homes in eight communities across the province: Davidson, Esterhazy, Hanley, Moose Jaw, Moosomin, Nipawin, Price Albert and Rosetown.
- Healthy Choices Contest - The Healthy Choices Contest is a yearly program where young students, K to 12, can participate. Categories include Literary, Posters and Media, and can include Videos and Electronic submissions. The contest has been named to reflect Positive Choices.
- For more information on any of the above, contact Charlotte at the Provincial Office